On a gloomy, rainy Saturday morning, what can be better than enjoying a nice cup of coffee and some warm, flaky pastries while watching the rain fall? Frozen puff pastry sheets are your best friend at a time like this. Not only can you stay in your pajamas all day but, it is also an opportunity to do a project with the little one.
6-cup Giant Muffin Pan
1 sheet of Puff Pastry
A little flour for dusting
1. Follow package instructions to thaw 1 sheet of puff pastry. Once thawed, unfold, dust both sides with flour and roll it out lightly. Cut the sheet into 12 – 1in wide strips.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F.
3. Beat egg and set aside.
4. Flip muffin pan upside down and coat the entire bottom with cooking spray.
5. Take one strip and wrap it around the wider part of a muffin cup. (Brush on a little bit of egg on the ends will help it seal.
6. Cut the next 2 strips in half and layer them crisscross across the bottom of the cup.
7. Wrap the last strip around the crisscross pieces on the narrower part of the cup.
8. Brush egg over entire nest, pay attention to the overlapping areas.
9. Bake for 20 to 25 min or until golden brown.
10. Fill with your favorite foods and enjoy!